Where do you come from?

parsdaft1983

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

I'm from and stay in the birthplace of football Sheffield England. 

Home to Sheffield F.C the worlds oldest club (yes they currently play outside of Sheffield but they're building a new stadium) I support the blue side of Sheffield (Sheffield Wednesday one of the founding clubs of the Premier League)

I've been lucky enough to experience a matchday at Sheffield F.C with my next non league visit to the worlds oldest football ground Sandygate home of Hallam F.C.

Sheffield is home to two Universities, Sheffield University and Hallam University and the 14th best hospital in the whole of the UK the Royal Hallamshire Teaching Hospital.

Alot of Hallam in Sheffield so here's a fun fact, my surname is Hallam.

Also the home of Sean Bean best known for playing Ned Stark and dying in every role he plays. Home of Def Leppard and the Arctic Monkeys.

Home to the most successful Ice Hockey team in the UK the Sheffield Steelers who was the first team in the UK to have a player drafted into the NHL.

In Basketball we have the Westfield Sharks who have won 16 different trophies in their time.

Rugby League is the prominent rugby in Sheffield with the Sheffield Eagles the team that represents us and after a long stay away from Sheffield due to financial difficulties and the demolishment of Don Valley Stadium they're back home at the Olympic Legacy Park.

Edited by VyKing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators

Absolutely love anything Sean Bean is in, brilliant and underrated actor in my opinion. He does seem to die in every movie now that you say it.

Should have really been in GOT's for a couple more seasons.

• Moderators
20 hours ago, VyKing said:

Also the home of Sean Bean best known for playing Ned Stark and dying in every role he plays. Home of Def Leppard and the Arctic Monkeys.

not true! 😆😆

watch »time«, a brilliant tv show with him and stephen graham, or rōnin. 😁👍🏿

• Haha 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, cameosis said:

fm players will love it ... the word »mate« comes up a lot. 😆🤣

I type it here all the time but I don't think I ever actually say it 🤣 mate...

1 hour ago, Shark said:

Sean Bean is still alive in Netflix Snowpiercer. They have tried to kill him but failed.

I've watched all apart from this season. I need to catch up!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Moderators
On 23/04/2022 at 14:56, cameosis said:

not true! 😆😆

watch »time«, a brilliant tv show with him and stephen graham, or rōnin. 😁👍🏿

Love Stephen Graham such a great guy and great actor. Another fun fact, I was a walk on extra in the film the Damned United in which Stephen Graham played as Leeds United's Billy Bremner!

Such a good experience.

• Haha 1