Binge worthy tv

parsdaft1983

• Moderators

if the question was directed at me: depends (standard lawyer response, haha)

for light entertainment: arsène lupin, omar sy is just a hugely charismatic actor

for drama and great performances: responder, martin freeman carries the show, adelayo adedayo is brilliant, great cast (also just six episodes overall)

for thriller: broadchurch, david tennant and olivia coleman are massive there.

i’ve completed all the ones i posted, so you can’t really go wrong with any. personal favorite is house of lies, don cheadle and the entire cast are just enjoying what they’re doing and the acting range is insane. dark, biting satire.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, Tempelman said:

I am watching a 4 hour long documentary named 'Leaving Neverland'. Not a big MJ fan, but just curious about the controversy around it

michael jackson generates more attention even in death than many other celebrities do during their lifetime.
hbo apparently timed two other releases on streaming platforms of michael jackson’s live concerts to coincide with the documentary. it’s all big business.

there are two documentaries who (claim to) refute the accusations of »leaving neverland«, »neverland firsthand: investigating the michael jackson documentary« and »michael jackson: chase the truth«

• Like 1

• Moderators

Yeah, I was looking for those... I just could not finish watching 'Leaving Neverland', it was tedious, boring, and way too long.

I went into this one with an open mind, and obviously I could very much be wrong, but I just do not believe these guys. Way too much detail in their stories (there is something as too much detail, and lying), their body language, and just the way they behave throughout. Plus that they have a history of lying and changing their stories all the time. And then their mothers, who behave so ignorant, naive and oblivious, it's ridiculous. Everything that is told is circumstantial at best. Like I said, I could obviously be wrong, but these were my observations when watching this...

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 4/12/2022 at 6:10 PM, Johno said:

I am looking forward to this too!

This is kinda similar to The Ted Bundy tapes, but I have read and watched so many docs and articles about him, I already knew all that stuff (btw, 'Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, And Vile' is also a good movie with an extremely good role of Zac Efron, who looks just like him). About John Wayne Gacy I didn't know that much, so this was an interesting watch!

I however am waiting for a movie (although this event is very well documented) about Jim Jones...

• Moderators

It's a surprise how he got away with it, I just can't understand why he would boast about it. Only people I feel sorry for was his victims family and his defense lawyers.

I am not sure if he actually did all the burial by himself?

• Moderators

I believe he has confessed to that...

I didn't really strike him as intelligent like Ted Bundy or Ed Kemper, he thought (and really believed) he outsmarted everybody. He did for a while, the men he targeted were often runaways, people nobody would miss... The time period is also very different, sometimes I am wondering if they could have done the things they did in this day and age.

Ed Kemper by the way is still alive, though obviously incarcerated. Considered a model prisoner, I think I read somewhere he refuses parole hearings, because he believes he cannot function in a normal society. 

Anyway, I enjoyed the series better than the Ted Bundy tapes.

• Moderators
On 4/27/2022 at 2:14 PM, Tempelman said:

I believe he has confessed to that...

I didn't really strike him as intelligent like Ted Bundy or Ed Kemper, he thought (and really believed) he outsmarted everybody. He did for a while, the men he targeted were often runaways, people nobody would miss... The time period is also very different, sometimes I am wondering if they could have done the things they did in this day and age.

Ed Kemper by the way is still alive, though obviously incarcerated. Considered a model prisoner, I think I read somewhere he refuses parole hearings, because he believes he cannot function in a normal society. 

Anyway, I enjoyed the series better than the Ted Bundy tapes.

Who? 😶

• Moderators

You don't know Ed Kemper? Man, prepare for the shit he has done... He killed his grandparents at age 15, was then sentenced but because he was underage, and manipulating the staff he was rehabilitated, was set free at age 21, then killed 6 female students (nicknamed the Coed Killer), and his mother. He cut off her head and had sex with it, screamed for an hour at her severed head, and cut out the tongue and vocal cords, and put these in the garbage disposal. However, the garbage disposal could not break down the vocal cords and spit them out. Kemper would later say: 'Well, that seemed appropiate since she always screamed and yelled and never shut up'. Tip: watch the series Mindhunter.

He eventually turned himself in. The police didn't have a single clue who committed the murders. Kemper has an IQ of 145 and is extremely intelligent and manipulative. He originally wanted the death penalty, but he got 8 life sentences. In real life, he is, like in Mindhunter, very talkative about what he has done, and his reasons for doing so.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I asked that question to Netflix customer service myself, and that guy said (although he probably doesn't know at all) that David Fincher was pursueing other projects, contracts of the cast have been released and as such the series is not cancelled, but on indefinite hold. There is little to no news about it...

It's a shame though. I know a lot of people think the show is boring. For me it is probably one of my favorite Netflix productions

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Does someone watch 'Somebody Feed Phil' on Netflix? This show is such a joy to watch if you like food! In this show Phil Rosenthal (known as a producer of Everybody Loves Raymond) visits various cities around the world and explores the food culture. He delivers it with so much enthusiasm, joy and humour! In the end of every episode he always phones his mother and father (they both passed away now) where his father always tells a joke, but it is a really heartwarming segment of the show. My favorite food show on Netflix by a mile!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm probably the only one who watch this types of shows but.. Squid Game (Yeah i know it's hella famous but damn i loved it) Alice in Borderland, All Of Us Are Dead and Love, Death and Robots. Now i'm getting into another really famous show.. Stranger Things.

Oh and i wanna come back to watching Gotham so badly!

Edited by Milho28
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Gotham is good! I liked the origin stories a lot, entertaining show. The scene with Jerome Valeska laughing hystirically still gives me chills (He seems to be an inspiration of the Joker).

When I first watched Squid Game I was like... WTF is this...? It is a good show though! The others I still need to watch, not a real fan of the genre, I'm more into superhero themed shows or documentaries.

• Like 1

Yeah i really liked Gotham, i loved their approach to the Batman story, that actor was pretty awesome indeed but my fave actor on that show was in charge of Penguin, such a great job he did! I need to come back to it, i stopped due to some stuff and now i have no idea in which episode i was hahah

Squid Game is indeed a really weird show but it gets really good!

Love, Death and Robots is a horror gore animation series, ievery episode is made by a different animator so every episode has a different animation, if you like animation, you will love this show! Story-wise, not the greatest thing ever but the animation it's way worthy of watching it.

All Of Us Are Dead... i'm not into zombie stuff at all but dunno, asian directors REALLY know how to make good drama god damn.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Loved Gotham. In the same universe I've watched Titans on Netflix. Brenton Thwaites did a good job on this in my opinion.

@Milho28 and others too, in case of memory loss, I use this app on my phone called TV Time. You say what show you like and what episode you have watched. The app send notifications when a new episode is online. You just need to get back to the app to remind which episode you have to watch tonight.

• Like 1