Which team do you support?

Derek

• Moderators
On 1/19/2022 at 8:29 PM, Derek said:

I'm a big Liverpool fan and also support a local team to me in Dublin called Shelbourne.

Some are obvious like @Johno being an Arsenal fan ?, hopefully it's a better game tomorrow mate, but who do the rest of you guys support?

shelbourne, you say? mate, i will have to instantly block you, i’m afraid … 😬😆

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/5236698/shelbourne-hajduk-champions-league-qualifying-round/

hajduk 👈 club from my first homebase split. europe’s oldest supporter/ultras group - torcida - is the club’s 12th player. they won the national cup this past thursday, ending a 9-year drought without national titles.

eintracht 👈 club from my second homebase frankfurt am main. they famously breezed through the europa league 11 days ago, ending a 42-year drought without international titles. also national cup winners in 2018, ending a 30-year drought without national titles … do you spot a pattern here? 🤣

i have three more that i like for personal reasons and hope to see them progress to higher leagues:
split 👈 younger »brother« of hajduk, their stadiums are several hundred meters away from each other. had a very good spell in the first croatian league when they played the europa league qualifications (fulham and torino were the opponents on each occasion), currently in the third league. my father used to play for them in the second yugoslav league for half a season in the late 1960s before he moved to germany. in his local club, omiš, he’s among the legends and was best scorer / player during his active time. omiš is also the same club where ivan perišić started his career.

frankfurt 👈 shares its origins with eintracht, and played in the second league during its best times. currently in the fourth league. had a very successful section for women’s football and won the national title and cup a few times.

kickers 👈 from offenbach am main. eintracht’s fiercest rivals, currently in the fourth league. two-times vice champions of germany (1950, 1959 -- lost the play-off against eintracht) and cup winners in 1970. won the hesse cup last week and thus qualified for the german cup. 99% of people would freak out if i told them i support eintracht and like kickers -- that’s probably the equivalent to liverpool and everton, just a few tads crazier. they have a positive score against eintracht, damn … 😂

Edited by cameosis
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, cameosis said:

shelbourne, you say? mate, i will have to instantly block you, i’m afraid … 😬😆

You will be glad to know they are pretty terrible 🤣

We do have Damien Duff as manager at the moment.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Derek said:

You will be glad to know they are pretty terrible 🤣

We do have Damien Duff as manager at the moment.

damien duff, robbie keane! ❤️ what a team they had @ the world cup 2002, shame how they lost against spain on penalties, that was some knockout game. i’ll never forget how they couldn’t run anymore but kept on marching to score that second goal in extra time, massive display of willpower.

hajduk deserved that reality check -- we had too many inept boards and managers over the years, also a load of players who overestimated themselves. this time, it looks promising, looking forward to seeing who will be signed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Plain and simple... Benfica!

Oh and my hometown club, Vitória de Setubal, another historic club in Portugal, in the 2004/2005 season they won Portuguese Cup against Benfica (lol) and then on 2007/2008 they won another cup (which i don't know the name in portuguese) against Sporting. In 2017/2018 they lost that same cup against Sporting as well, this season they were penalized and sent to third division because of the board incompetence and they didn't even got promoted to the second division at the end of the season lmao

• Like 2

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Milho28 said:

Plain and simple... Benfica!

Oh and my hometown club, Vitória de Setubal, another historic club in Portugal, in the 2004/2005 season they won Portuguese Cup against Benfica (lol) and then on 2007/2008 they won another cup (which i don't know the name in portuguese) against Sporting. In 2017/2018 they lost that same cup against Sporting as well, this season they were penalized and sent to third division because of the board incompetence and they didn't even got promoted to the second division at the end of the season lmao

Will you guys keep Nunes this summer?

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 6/7/2022 at 10:28 PM, Derek said:

Will you guys keep Nunes this summer?

Pretty sure Nunes is on his way to Liverpool, which imho is something you've been missing since Suarez and Sturridge left. A striker

• Like 1

• Administrators
14 hours ago, VyKing said:

Pretty sure Nunes is on his way to Liverpool, which imho is something you've been missing since Suarez and Sturridge left. A striker

I've said it a few times in the past year whenever someone said City didn't have a striker. Big deal we haven't had an out and out striker since Suarez.

Nunes was incredibly good against us in the CL and Klopp singled him out for praise which he only does if he's interested 😅

• Moderators
On 6/10/2022 at 10:22 PM, Derek said:

I've said it a few times in the past year whenever someone said City didn't have a striker. Big deal we haven't had an out and out striker since Suarez.

Nunes was incredibly good against us in the CL and Klopp singled him out for praise which he only does if he's interested 😅

is 85mill over priced though? considering Man City have signed Haaland and Alvarez for the same amount?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, VyKing said:

is 85mill over priced though? considering Man City have signed Haaland and Alvarez for the same amount?

Yes is the honest answer but time will tell. Although you have to admit Haaland would have cost 2-3 times that much without that release clause. Talking with the lads watching the CL final etc I had said the two realistic targets I would love to get were Nunez and Bellingham. I know Bellingham won’t happen.

Nunez ran riot against us in CL. Came across this on Twitter though.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators

I've just realised I've not posted who I support 🤣. Not that it's a bad thing.

Sheffield Wednesday, I won't bore you all with origins stories or the last time we had a team in the prem although we were one of the founding teams of the premier league back in 92.

And everyone has heard of the Hillsborough disaster, so I won't get into my thoughts on that.

Currently sat 3rd in League One.

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, VyKing said:

I've just realised I've not posted who I support 🤣. Not that it's a bad thing.

Sheffield Wednesday, I won't bore you all with origins stories or the last time we had a team in the prem although we were one of the founding teams of the premier league back in 92.

And everyone has heard of the Hillsborough disaster, so I won't get into my thoughts on that.

Currently sat 3rd in League One.

The founding teams....

A time before the money started to roll in. 🤣

image.thumb.png.46f4e9b9b44782557e7743c565fba37c.png

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators
3 hours ago, cameosis said:

0000000000511214.jpg

ivan perišić on loan from hotspur to hajduk, his youth club. let’s see if we’ll snatch the title finally this season. huge addition to the squad, the biggest name in the league by far.

That is an amazing signing for Hajduk. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Derek said:

That is an amazing signing for Hajduk. 

the pull effect this will have for the club cannot be emphasized enough in regard to merch sales, sponsorship deals and player signings … looks as if jakobušić (the club president) is playing fm24 in real life 🤣