RC Lens

Johno

• Moderators

All You Need to Know: Racing Club de Lens

RC Lens

d5ca6cfdebe837b72f8a1931c2db1788.png

Just finished my first season with Lens and wow, didn't even expect to see us finishing 2nd! Just created a tactic based on the players at the club and literally flew off. Pushed PSG all the way til 10 games left, and sadly they beat us and pulled away. Maybe I am overachieving already with Lens?

Also, huge special mentions goes to Openda, who smashed 42 goals in 39 games in all competitions! Surprised he haven't got called up to Belgium senior squad ffs.

982ba760bd9694026d2a1367593972b9.png 

Huge mention to Jovic, who absolutely caused havoc down the left hand side

801af3c6c288ff5913f7bba9baf48d48.png 

TRANSFERS 

2a4a0ba7833f06397407768a3d3059e5.png

Most of them are already signed when I took over,

I have signed the following players
Hedl, Jovic, Datro Fofana, Christensen, Guliksen and Pascanu and Marshall-Rutty and few many youngsters.

Pretty please with Rutty's development since joining
827f2240cf9030f63f110f10e8f66b7a.png 

Out - Fofana wanted to leave due to Spurs interest in him so off he went.

Slowly playing Sylla, more into first team football as Fofana's replacement and seems to have done well.
8bc11a3bc74b70ec2d333a0c317b1ed2.png 

Lastly, we won Coupe de France!
ad77a716b1a0a0e9d5ffac991245c2c7.png 

Surprised we won it easily in the final, especially with Le Harve, knocked out PSG in the semi-final!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 17/12/2022 at 09:48, Derek said:

Brilliant result finishing 2nd mate with Lens and well done on the cup win. It's going to be tough to top that season.

How do you think the team can handle the CL?

Definitely I agree.

Think I have came across a bug, can't even offer contract to coaches or scouts to my backroom team 😞 Sadly this have stopped me playing FM for few weeks now.

Might start new game now sadly.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Johno said:

Definitely I agree.

Think I have came across a bug, can't even offer contract to coaches or scouts to my backroom team 😞 Sadly this have stopped me playing FM for few weeks now.

That's a shame mate. I haven't heard of that one so far but not something you can continue with for sure.

• Moderators
18 hours ago, Derek said:

That's a shame mate. I haven't heard of that one so far but not something you can continue with for sure.

Im gutted, was really enjoying my Lens save, yet I can only offer zero wage to any staff that I want to hire or renew my staff contracts. However, I started this on beta.

• Moderators

I have decided to carry on with this save regardless, however my director of football can offer coaches new contract. So god knows how! Anyway I have recieved this from Lyon,

50d5a3eb4d11c10462707955e429469b.png 

Tough choice to make here, Lyon seems to be a rebuilding project and get them back to the top again but still enjoying it with Lens.

• Johno changed the title to Olympique Lyonnais
  • Moderators

Logo Olympique Lyonnais 2022.png

I have decided to take this job as I felt it would be an exciting project for me to rebuild Lyon to former glory again.

Current squad

02e4c53dfbbe14c52f7cf28cb19d8b5d.png 

Pretty happy with the current squad but feels some players are due to be replacing due to their age, currently got 20M to spend. Will spend alot of time looking at whole squad across the club and improve the structure and improve the backroom staff as well. Will be using the same tactic I have used with Lens as well. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 03/01/2023 at 11:06, Johno said:

Definitely I agree.

I'm happy to see you carry this save on. I enjoyed my time in France in 2022 on pass the save. I've come across many bugs and I've not been able to bring myself to play much FM lately especially not my Graham Potter save, I may start again myself and a fresh story but I need to think about where I go

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Derek said:

I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes @Johno. It's a team with some good young talent, especially Cherki!

The downfall of PSG has started 😀

I signed Cherki in my Sheff Wed save on 2022 for 2.6mill. He stayed with me all the way could have cashed in at 150mill but the kid loved the owls too much

• Haha 1

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, VyKing said:

I signed Cherki in my Sheff Wed save on 2022 for 2.6mill. He stayed with me all the way could have cashed in at 150mill but the kid loved the owls too much

2.6m was a steal mate. I'm surprised nobody has snapped him up yet.

• Moderators

Lost interest in my Lyon save, so I am doing a redux with Lens, saved the game before going to Lyon, so already played pre season.

581206dc0fdeca51022c2e5399566ccd.png 

Arranged tour to China at end of last season, good to see Openda, carries on his scoring for us 😄 

Transfers

ec49d24635c8259b7e50cbdb00c1274c.png 

Not much to say apart from bringing in 2 players

13f72839fbd3a399e172147d09b3ad97.png 

Signed him last season but had to wait til the summer as he was on loan to Westerlo from Club Brugge. Starter at left back.

7a54731ea8cbdc6f95c42785771f1037.png 

Took a huge risk on him and couldn't see his stats fully so took a risk, so don't know how to sum him up! :lol: 

• Like 1

• Johno changed the title to RC Lens
  • Moderators
15 hours ago, Derek said:

He's back at Lens 😀

That's a tough CL group so best of luck mate. Any reason for the 'ban' on new staff?

Absolutely no idea, was trying all summer to bring in new staff but all of a sudden I can, probaby a bug. Have also strengthened the backroom staff to improve the coaching set up, which I will post up shortly.

• Moderators

e7fe89fb3628c1078da7e941d2b4c4aa.png 

Decided to bring in coaches like Bergkamp and D'Agostino as we were bit weak in defence and possession section.

Here is after we made those appointments

018d12f09eb4353782171a8fd9311d24.png 

I am also still looking to bring in more coaches and also the U's19.

• Moderators

a132b60a6d952d94efa079e767209066.png 

Finally, got my number 1 target for U's19 manager! No stranger to the club, was player, assistant manager at the club.

HUGE improvement to previous one

0a8072f1cdffafb078a74a0891c1eafd.png 

More ironically, Troyes, wants him as their U's19 manager! 😅

• Moderators

b59e6fadf42c7895790c61fb616466be.png 
My scout just found this hidden gem! 🤯 They only want 1.5M for him, could be Jovic replacement if I were to sell him.

fa52b7114d79c8ab3e092acc6d0826d0.png 

My other scout also found this hidden gem too, costing me 2.4M. Already got 3 caps for u's21. Might have to keep an eye on his current club 😉