World Cup Qatar 2022

Tempelman

• Moderators

I am just going to say it: I try to watch as many matches as possible, for me it is about football.

Qatar will probably end in 4th place, what an awful, amateuristic match they played yesterday.

England made a good impression on me, though Iran isn't strong obviously... That penalty Iran was given, in my opinion, was a gift.

Holland won their first but was not impressed at all, boy oh boy, what a bad match it was..

• Administrators

It wasn't a great match from the highlights I saw. 

England seemed to demolish Iran but I just watched the Wales/USA game and thought that wasn't bad.

I got Cameroon in the work draw so I'm hoping Samuel Eto'o is correct and they win it 🤣

• Moderators

As predicted for England, Southgate ball. Very boring defensive football with no emphasis on the final third as soon as we come up against a team that are capable of playing football. 

Thankfully with Iran beating Wales anything other than a 4-0 loss to Wales see's us through. 

Qatar going out is no surprise after watching that first game, Japan beating Germany was a cracking game. Can't say I've seen any other enjoyable games other than that so far.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Tempelman said:

Missed that game because of work... I did see Morocco beat the Belgians and the riots that followed in The Hague and Brussels..

Was ill yesterday and still currently is ffs. Thought Serbia, would have seen the game out but decided to forget to defend.

Belgium was absolutely pathetic, completely understand most of their players is 30+ years old, no direction or game plan at all. Surely Martinez have to go.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Tempelman said:

The Dutch haven't found their rhytm either yet, the game against Ecuador was dreadful, boring and painful to watch. 

Martinez had to go a long time ago though.. Kept him too long.

Surprised to see them struggling too 🥴 Bit confused by Van Gaal's team selection, like leaving out Depay.

Yeah, I agree. Still don't understand how they ranked 2nd in team ranking when they haven't won anything?!

• Moderators

Depay was left out because he is recovering from injury, he will start today. I think Van Gaal is experimenting a bit, can't blame him considering the opposition in this fairly easy group of teams... Noppert on goal though, has been by far the biggest surprise for me, but Van Gaal always has a plan and/or reasons..

• Like 1

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Johno said:

I am not surprised to see Belgium out, they have been dreadful in this world cup and previous years. Martinez, didn't even try and play youngsters to replace the old ageing players.

It doesn't help the squad with so much in fighting going on. KDB doesn't like Courtois for obvious reasons. Martinez was leaving anyway, Eden is aging and isn't the same player he was in his prime Chelsea days. The youngsters should be starting more. How Batshuayi keeps getting called up is beyond me.

Japan though..... Don't take your eyes of this team for a second

• Like 1

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, Derek said:

Can't believe Spain didn't score one penalty. Morocco will fancy their chances against Portugal or Switzerland!

Is Ronaldo dropped due to his reaction at being subbed in the last match?

Indeed! All weak shots...

If I believe the media, probably yes. I will admit Ronaldo has been a great player, but he has always acted like a big child, this is no difference. First a destroying interview with Morgan, disrupting the team's preparation on the World Cup, then claiming a goal when he clearly did not even touch the ball, then cussing and swearing when the 'great Ronaldo' is substituted... He is a has been, thinks he alone is Portugal, places himself above everyone else, a cry baby and the sooner he realises that, the better.

An arrogant, selfish, narcistic asshole, and he has always been like this, but because of his very impressive play in every department, everyone just went along with his 'wishes'.. I hope he will be benched through all of the tournament

• Like 1