FMG Pass The Save 2023

Tempelman

• Moderators

I am going to do it a little different than last year. The following leagues are loaded:

Holland, KKD and above; England: Vanarama League North/South and above; Belgium: First National and above; France: National 2 and above; Germany: 3. Liga and above; Italy: Serie C and above and Spain: Federation Second Division and above.

Our experience is semi-professional, but we do have a continental pro license. We were born in Stoke-on-Trent in 1985 with a dual nationality, English and Dutch.

This time I am going to start the game unemployed and see what team wants us as their new manager and start from there. 

I am expecting this to be a lower leagues challenge and we will probably start somewhere in the English lower leagues. However, with the available leagues loaded, we will have to see. The first club that offers us a contract, I am obliged to accept!

Rules? There are none, after the first season and me passing on the save to you, you are free to move if you want to...

Let's get it started!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

5100225.thumb.png.75e5ddc3f037b4ffe07951c055f3b1e9.png

Well, here we go! Nobody made us any offers, so I went holidaying and set it to 'Apply to any club'. There were a few better clubs (clubs higher in the Vanarama leagues) we sent our application to, but Hemel Hempstead was the first to offer a contract.

Hemel Hempstead FC is a semi-professional club currently playing in the Vanarama National League South. Nicknamed the Tudors, not much else I can tell about this club though. We stepped in when the club was in 23rd place, and our goal is to avoid relegation. We've been given a 9-month contract to make this happen, because, well, we can't manage a non-playable league obviously... 

Now, I am new to lower league playing so I'm expecting this game to be quite difficult.

Squad and formation:

image.thumb.png.87dc3766c831e35fbd6227a5ed75ef12.png

Chose a 4-3-3 formation, the players do have some pace, but quality overall is (as expected) not very good. I did manage to sign 3 free transfers, a new goalkeeper, defender and midfielder. No transfer budget, so just free transfers it is. Squad is better balanced now.

Schedule and results:

image.thumb.png.60c37d0fe78a4508895ac37632d217bd.png

Fairly good start, with the biggest win being against 1st placed Ebbsfleet! Now on a 3 win streak, and hoping it to continue.

League table:

image.thumb.png.e8f9c668f779594da1913e4c1fccb28c.png

Slowly crawling out of the relegation zone...

That is it for now, will continue playing soon!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
On 23/11/2022 at 19:00, VyKing said:

Also just remember bud there is no transfer window in non-league, take advantage of the loan market and if possible, get affiliated with someone up the football ladder.

Henry VIII would be proud.

When I do get a transfer budget, can I just always buy players then? And I do have Watford as parent club...

• Moderators

Time for a little update on this game!

Schedule and results:

image.thumb.png.5bf526c9da4ef84247cdca1aa282a154.png

We kept our unbeaten run, though we could and should have won more. Facing St. Albans two times in a row (Remarkable...?), we drew both games in stoppage time despite being the better team. Nonetheless, it is a decent run of games.

Competition overview:

image.thumb.png.43d5f4c47c32bae42cfc60a60a4279f8.png

Despite the unbeaten run we still find ourselves in 16th place.  I hoped it would be a little higher. Still exceeding expectations though, as we play pretty decent in the FA Trophy!

A few important loans came to an end and I am desperately searching for new defenders and a midfielder to keep the squad balanced...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Sorry for the lack of updates, the end of November (Sinterklaas), and December (Christmas) are traditionally very very very busy and stressful months at work. I have not even started on my own Vitesse game yet! 😅 off course the World Cup also plays a role as I'd like to see as many matches as possible. Just so y'all know! 😘

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • Administrators
10 minutes ago, Tempelman said:

Going to continue soon, with december out of the way, I am good to go! Already played a few more games, but not worth an update. Sorry for the delay guys! Bear with me 🙂

Brilliant mate!

I think this was a great choice to start with. Looking forward to getting promotion! 😀

• Moderators

Time for an update, finally!

Schedule and results:

image.thumb.png.129a5e5fdaa42541db288ce46c27d6b9.png

We're out of the FA Trophy after a loss against Teford, wasn't needed, but we're out. Immediatly after we lost again against Welling in the league. After this, the machine started with dominating wins, and a narrow win against league leaders Havant & Waterlooville! Six wins in a row is amazing for a club of this stature!

League table:

image.thumb.png.1683185755bb5171a49cef6d7e2bb152.png

We find ourselves in a playoff spot at the moment! But all teams are pretty close to each other, though I am encouraged by the new players I brought in. A new defender, midfielder, winger and striker were all added to the squad roster, with three of them on non-contracts. All of these signings have proven their worth a lot and improving the team as a whole immensely. Very hard to scout and find new players though at this level...

11 games to go, hopefully I can make it to the playoffs and perhaps cause a big upset! Thanks for your patience guys!

• Like 1