FM24 First Game

• Administrators

Typically I normally start my first FM game of each version choosing a team below the Premier League. However, you would imagine a popular choice this year may be the newly rich Newcastle United.

Who are you guys going to start off with for FM24?

• Administrators
Posted by: @Markitos

Liverpool or York City for a large save.

Nice! I think my best ever was a save with Darlington a lonnnngggg time ago ? 

Ended up with a young Andres D'Alessandro and Carlos Tevez as AMC and ST in League One all the way up to the Prem.

• Like 1

• Moderators
Posted by: @Derek
Posted by: @Markitos

Liverpool or York City for a large save.

Nice! I think my best ever was a save with Darlington a lonnnngggg time ago ? 

Ended up with a young Andres D'Alessandro and Carlos Tevez as AMC and ST in League One all the way up to the Prem.

Jajaja, long save are amaizing. I always plays in England or Scotland a long save.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
Posted by: @parsdaft1983

I am currently Limavady United in NI. Never managed there before so it is interesting. Will go Kelty hearts next

? You seem to like the difficult games mate! Being from Ireland I've tried so many times to make a run at Europe with an Irish team but it's very very difficult.

Let us know how your getting on!

• Derek changed the title to FM24 First Game
  • Administrators
3 minutes ago, Tempelman said:

I am playing with the idea to start with Ferencvaros in Hungary, and start from there. Actually wanted to play this edition with them, but cannot find the motivation at the moment.

That's an interesting one mate. What made you choose them?

I'm thinking of doing something different and try plan a career path as such. It might fall apart pretty quick but might be interesting. 😆

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Derek said:

That's an interesting one mate. What made you choose them?

I'm thinking of doing something different and try plan a career path as such. It might fall apart pretty quick but might be interesting. 😆

Actually, I have been reading a lot about that club, and that they were a huge force (for their stature) in the past. Recently on a flight to Macedonia, with Wizz Air, which is Hungarian, I read up about them again in a magazine onflight, and thought, why not? 

I never do career paths actually... Which is the whole point of the game obviously 🤣 once I did a game starting out at LA Galaxy with Beckham, but after becoming champions in season 3 I resigned, not generating much interest and became bored so I quit

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I usually start my first game with Sheff Wed to get a feel for the game, this year I'm thinking I'm going to start with Sheff Wed and go in depth.

With the current situation around the club and with us now appointing Danny Rohl in his first managerial role I'm thinking noone can be as bad and inept as Xisco.

The challenge of this save is lasting longer at the club than our chairman 🤣

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
On 15/10/2023 at 13:37, VyKing said:

I usually start my first game with Sheff Wed to get a feel for the game, this year I'm thinking I'm going to start with Sheff Wed and go in depth.

With the current situation around the club and with us now appointing Danny Rohl in his first managerial role I'm thinking noone can be as bad and inept as Xisco.

The challenge of this save is lasting longer at the club than our chairman 🤣

So this plan went out the window. Beta save ended up being with Kashima Antlers in the JLeague - lost 2 games all season wont the league and league cup double really enjoyed the short time in the league very interesting save if anyone fancies it. Can only have 4 foreign players in the squad, but the talent pool for that league is pretty big.

My first official save is with the Seadogs aka Scarborough Athletic. First season we smashed the national league north, currently sitting second in the National league a point behind Crewe half way through the season. The money is climbing just as quick as I'm climbing the league table.

• Like 1

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, Derek said:

As soon as I read Crewe I realised I'd never managed them despite always keeping an eye on them since we signed Danny Murphy from them.

Possibly a future save 😁

The Crewe youth development has not produced a lot in recent years but when it was spitting out youth it was a save that was fun to do. Wonder what rating their youth setup is these days