All Things English Premier League

Derek

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

What an crazy start to the Premier League! Who would have thought Man Utd would be bottom after 2 games?! Not surprised they lost to Brighton, which I knew they would.

Arsenal started brilliantly, watching our game against Palace, which was really nervy until they score an own goal to kill the game off at 2-0! Also did well against Leicester, despite gifting them 2 goals.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Great start for Arsenal mate as they’ve been fantastic so far. It’s been a terrible start for Liverpool 🤣

I’m going to miss the Liverpool v United game as I’m flying home at 19:30 on a four hour flight 🙄

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Derek said:

Great start for Arsenal mate as they’ve been fantastic so far. It’s been a terrible start for Liverpool 🤣

I’m going to miss the Liverpool v United game as I’m flying home at 19:30 on a four hour flight 🙄

No point of watching it mate, I think Man Utd are in for a proper thrashing.

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
  • Administrators

I know it was an FA Cup game and this is an EPL thread but....

As a Liverpool fan I can feel for Wolves today with those offside decisions. I think both went against them and they should be through.

Salah was off regardless of the technicalities and I can't work out how theirs was offside. 😕 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
20 hours ago, Johno said:

Nketiah became the second Arsenal player to score a 90th minute winner against Manchester United in the Premier League, after Thierry Henry in January 2007

That is all 📞

I'm glad he's delivering on the talent he has. I remember watching him against us for Leeds and didn't think much of him but we did mark him out of the game. 

As much as I hated Arsenal in the early 90's for obvious reasons namely beating us in two cup finals in the same season and Steve Bold breaking Hirsts leg. I've grown to respect what they're building now.

• Moderators

I admit when Jesus, got injured I immediately thought we are fucked cos I thought Eddie, doesn't have the quality that Jesus, does have and wow I was wrong!

I still think we need to bring in a striker to boost the depth in the forward section.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Johno said:

I admit when Jesus, got injured I immediately thought we are fucked cos I thought Eddie, doesn't have the quality that Jesus, does have and wow I was wrong!

I still think we need to bring in a striker to boost the depth in the forward section.

Do you have the choice to call Balogun back from loan? He'd be a great back up choice, isn't he doing well out in france at the minute?

• Moderators
15 hours ago, VyKing said:

Do you have the choice to call Balogun back from loan? He'd be a great back up choice, isn't he doing well out in france at the minute?

Far as I know, we don't. Will probably be there and about when he comes back in the summer. 

• 8 months later...
  • Administrators

I'm not too sure how that wasn't a red card today for Kovacic.

I know I'm biased when comparing situations to last week when Curtis Jones got send off but I can't see too big of a difference!

Even if you say it's a yellow, ok! Then why didn't he pick up a second yellow like Jota did?

The inconsistency is terrible. 

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Johno said:

Thought it was a joke, Michael Oliver, bottled it big time, should have been a sending off, both tackles was identical

Also Martinelli 😍 Finally a win over them in 15 attempts!

Even the other day before the match I thought to myself "Why are Michael Oliver and co officiating in the UAE?"

I'm by not suggesting anything but it didn't sit well me and I just think it opens them up to further criticism. Then this happens and everyone is talking about it.