• Administrators

image.thumb.png.c2a730d75f1aa36bde7930b3d33ca43d.png

FMG Build A Squad Challenge

FMG Build A Squad Challenges focus on building squads based on criteria outlined in each challenge. We don't care about your results in this challenge, just your scouting knowledge and ability to build an outrageous team!

Download and take up the FMG Build A Squad challenge.

FMG Build A Squad Episode 1 2022.00

Manchester United

image.thumb.png.cf092c2d16f60547c2eecd65ffe91fd3.png

Your mission if you choose to accept it (🙄) is to rebuild the squad based on key criteria.

Key Criteria

• Your entire playing squad has been released
  • You must sign a minimum of 24 player in your squad (2 Goalkeepers required)
  • Transfer budget of £500m (€584m)
  • Wage budget of £3,75m (€4,38m)
  • 8 players must be classed as home grown by nation
  • You cannot sign players from the previously released squad
  • Summer Transfer Window Deadline (August 31st 2021, game time)

This challenge will close on Sunday April 17th and all entries must be submitted by midnight GMT.

Voting will commence on Monday April 18th until Friday April 22nd with leaderboard points allocated as outlined in the graphic above.

• Moderators

I have kinda rushed through it... I was too focused on buying players, not looking for decent free transfers. Also, more focused on foreign talent than English home-grown players. I got a decent starting XI though the bench isn't really good quality.

Don't think I will make the challenge lol, 7M left, 3 players left to buy..

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
Derek
This post was recognized by Derek!

Tempelman was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

Completed, including last day totally panic buys 🤣 10 players classified as home-grown... Don't expect too much lol

squad1.png

squad2.png

transfers1.png

transfers2.png

Edit: What I found amusing (and pretty realistic) is that players actually demand more salary than when I would try to sign them for a lower reputation club. I've never managed clubs from the beginning with worldwide reputations so that was kinda new for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

It's a good side mate in fairness for what you had to work with. It's interesting as I've started mine and will post tonight but we've signed a couple of the same players.

• Moderators

Rice is the biggest signing but one I found needed... Onana was cheap for a worldclass GK, Shunin... Not happy with that, could have bought a cheaper and better keeper. I bought Dier because I thought he would be HG, but he isn't. Timber and Gravenbergh actually are not good enough yet. I can go on, I should have been more on the look out for free transfers and HG players. All do have good potential though!

• Administrators

So here we go.

I messed up with Adeyemi as he didn't qualify for a work permit so I grabbed Belotti on the cheap as an option off the bench.

I kept the squad as youthful as possible but there are a few young marque players including Bellingham, Nkunku, Nunez and Lamptey.

Transfers

FMG-Build-A-Squad-Transfers.png

Squad - Home-grown

spacer.png

Squad - Selection

spacer.png

Finances

spacer.png

First XI

spacer.png

• Like 1