• Administrators

I know the title is Football Manager Series but it was actually Championship Manager 3 when I believe I started playing. I know I'm showing my age here but I remember it was released in 1999 and I think around this time of the year.

The game has greatly improved obviously over time but there was something quite nice about the simplicity of CM3.

When did you start your journey?

image.thumb.png.dceb1443f90e918a70aba5eb0c3aaea8.png

image.thumb.png.35c0335db83b62c0bd04955cfe8d652a.png

image.thumb.png.e68ce6b14f74addeee99d5e9f29ebf44.png

Β 

image.png

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, Tempelman said:

Championship Manager 01/02!Β πŸ˜ƒ

Do you remember who was in your FM team?

I remember regularly choosing Parma and building an all Italian team or PSG before the money and likewise building an all French team.

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Derek said:

Do you remember who was in your FM team?

I remember regularly choosing Parma and building an all Italian team or PSG before the money and likewise building an all French team.

I remember some old players like Dragoslav Jevric, Bob Peeters, Didier Martel, Nick Hofs and Theo Janssen for example. Obviously Vitesse players 🀣

I always ended up buying Maxim Tsigalko. Graphics-wise it looks similar to CM3

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

When I used to goto my dads I'd go and hide away in my room playing Championship Manager Italia. That is showing my age! I fell in love with Serie A and Juventus.

The simplicity was great, as the years rolled on I missed a fair few CM's with not having the ability to afford a PC to play them once I turned 16 in 2000 left school got a part time job in Morrisons on the deli counter and ordered a PC from my aunts littlewoods catalogue and paid monthly and that is when I truly fell in-love with Football sims

• Like 1

• Moderators

there was a british fm, don't know if it was championship manager or another publisher/game, but what i remember was the fact that you could only buy british players for your squad, you could choose between scottish, irish (northern), english and welsh (super exotic!). i played that on my amiga, was in my teens then.

of course, i reloaded whenever i lost and must have caused a glitch, because then i started winning all the games without even conceding a goal, at least by a four goal margin ... πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ‘πŸΏ

good times. in the end i think either the game froze at one point or i forgot to save and the magic was gone!

fast forward to fm 06 and i said this looks interesting. wanted to manage eintracht and hajduk and sign back jay jay okocha at all costs, started cursing the developers for their ignorance when he turned the offer down and then began tweaking the roster/database to get him. 😁

then logo collecting of croatian lower league clubs began taking up all my time, and i only got back when fm 17 was released, which looked a lot better, but was too heavy for my laptop and always crashed whwn i opted for the huge database, heh.