Europe Conference League

Tempelman

• Administrators

I think on paper you would say Vitesse have the toughest draw but of course it doesn't always work that way. 

I would quite like Leicester to do well as I like their style of play.

Best of luck tonight though mate.

• Moderators

I don't think so, but you never know... Actually, Vitesse played extremely well at home and should have been in front easily, but we all know Italian clubs need only one chance to score and win the game. 😉

The club is also going to be sold by chairman Valeriy Oyf, who is a friend of Abramovic. I think because Vitesse was more or less a feeder club of Chelsea (in some ways) and now Oyf wants to sell, although the sanctions of the UK won't hurt Oyf in any way. He however is contractually binded to cover debts of the club until the end of the 22/23 season. The big question is: Oyf has invested 150M in Vitesse to cover debts over the last couple of years, will he want this back (these were written off as loans), or will he take his losses? If he wants it back, the club will defenitely go bankrupt... Meanwhile the owner of stadium Gelredome has expressed interest in taking over the club, but probably the club will then have to pay a big fine to the province of Gelderland. So there are a lot of question marks here...

• Administrators

I completely forgot about his links to Abramovich during these sanctions. It is going to be tough to see how he won't want the money back if they are officially loans.

I think football authorities really need to look at people who purchase clubs a lot stronger. I won't get into the whole Newcastle ownership but it's worrying.

Did he hear correct that NAC may be bought by Man City soon? I know they have some affiliation with loans etc in recent years. 

• Moderators

Vitesse 1 0 in front in Rome, Roma plays defensively and terrible. At home. Against Vitesse. I mean, come on. Typically Mourinho and his **** tactics

Edit: as a typical Italian team, they score in stoppage time. What a terrible game by Roma

• Like 1

• Administrators

Yes it was kind of the same thing when at United and Spurs. Funny thing is I don't recall him playing that completely negative style at Chelsea first time around.

That team was so powerful and aggressive. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...